Hotel Source In The News
Check out our most recent press.
- Hotel Source, Inc. is Thrilled to Announce the Sale of Garden Inn – Kokomo, IN – Through a targeted marketing effort focusing on national and regional owners with the experience in limited-service properties, a large interest in the property was generated.
- Hotel Source Announces the Sale of Travelers Inn & Suites – Kokomo, IN – Hotel Source, Inc. has successfully completed the sale of Travelers Inn & Suites (Former Quality Inn).Through a vast marketing effort, Hotel Source was able to procure large interest in this value driven property.
- IgniteCuriosities.com – Post a Poor Hotel Review… What’s the Point?
By Steve Marx who writes, “Is there value in sharing your hotel review on social media sites? Sure, it might make you feel good to blow off steam if you had a deplorable experience and if that is your goal go for it! Or if you…”
- Crittenden National Real Estate Conference. Steve Marx speaks on, “The Latest Trends and Issues in Hotel Real Estate” such as: What types of hotels do lenders want to lend on and why?; What are the latest design elements and trends in the hotel industry today?; How to convert distressed low end hotels into cash cows; What types of initiatives are major hotel franchise companies offering to spur development?
- hotelmanagement.net – Money matters in midscale.
By Elaine Yetzer Simon, Contributing Editor, Pressure on this segment continues, but profitability is picking up. Steven Marx, president and founder of Hotel Source said, “profitability, meaning net operating income, is up this year from last year, and last year was up from the year before”
- Hospitality Business – Real Estate Advisory Council Meeting
Steven Marx of Hotel Source attends Annual Meeting for Real Estate Advisory Council – Michigan State University; The School of Hospitality Business
- Regional Hospitality Valuation Summit
HVS St. Louis, St. Louis, MO. Seth Glickman, Vice President with Hotel Source will be one of the panelists discussing how the regions hotel industry has been shaping up over the past several years and offering insights into the opportunities that lie ahead for the hotel market.
- Chicago Real Estate Council – “The Current State of the Hotel Industry”
Steven Marx discusses latest trends in the hotel industry in Chicago and around the country.
- Michigan State University Research – MSU lodging index shows Detroit improving
“The Detroit hotel market currently ranks 23rd out of 25 metropolitan areas in Michigan State University’s (MSU) Lodging Market Potential Index(L-MPI©), but the news might not be all bad, according to Steve Marx, owner of Hotel Source, Inc., a Chicago-based real estate brokerage and advisory services firm.”
- Scotsman Guide – Checking in on the Hotel Market
Scotsman Guide Commercial Edition. Much of the press regarding the hotel industry makes it appear that the hotel sector is recovering and that profitability is returning.
- Hotel Source Sells Stratford Inn – Sycamore, IL
Hotel Source, Inc. completed the sale of the lender-owned, historic Stratford Inn, located in downtown Sycamore, IL. This full-service boutique hotel was purchased by a private operator from Plank Road, LLC. Steve Marx and Seth Glickman of Hotel Source, Inc. handled the sale.
- Lodging Hospitality, By John W. O’Neill
Opinion: Use an Appraiser Who Knows the Hotel Business
A recent survey of hotel capital providers found that appraisals remain the biggest factor in their lending decisions. The survey, which was sponsored by Hotel Source, a Chicago-based hotel real estate brokerage and advisory services firm, found that appraisals are …
- Hopeful on Hotels – Real Estate Bisnow
HotelSource is experiencing the growth first hand; it’s listed four new hotels in suburban Chicago and Wisconsin so far in 2011.The surge has to do with listings being properly priced, says Hotel Source founder Steven Marx.
- Hotel Appraisals Still Have Clout With Lenders, Survey Show
National Real Estate Investor, By Daniel Beaird, NREI Senior Associate EditoAlthough hotel lenders always take appraisals with a grain of salt, a newly released survey of capital providers indicates that appraisals are still the biggest factor when determining market pricing for hotel properties – even though many appraisers do not have specific knowledge of the lodging industry
- Michigan State Alumni Magazine
Steven Marx participates as a panelist in annual Michigan State University Advisory Board gathering connecting students, faculty, alumni and industry.
- Mortgage Banking Magazine
Steven Marx interviewed and asked to comment on hotels waiting for business travelers to return.
- Crain’s Chicago Business: Foreclosure Hits Trio of Lakeview Hotels
Three neighborhood Chicago hotels are struggling; Steven Marx comments on reasons why.
- Hotel Source Appointed Receiver for Hotel
The historic Stratford Inn is in receivership; Steven Marx was appointed receiver.